Friday, June 27, 2008

Top Three Summer Television Shows to Watch

Some things are just better when they are over and done with.

Like the pulling of a wisdom tooth.

Or

The first speech you have to give in front of your class.

Or

Every time your mom made you eat liver and onions.

Some things are going to happen no matter what and it's just best to get them over with.

This past television season was one of those things. Phewy...it was awful. I've never been so happy to see reruns of reruns on my television screen.

And

By the looks of what the major networks are planning for next season, I could not be more happy for the emergence of TNT and USA as serious competition for original scripted programming.

Who knew summer television would ever be THE thing to be paying attention to?!

But

Here it comes and it appears to be coming with a BANG!

My choice for the top three summer scripters to be watching are:

MONK

This show continues to shine and just keeps getting better with each year. However, I think every treadmill should come with a warning: Watching MONK while operating this equipment could be dangerous. I've fallen off my treadmill twice while watching this show. I get to laughing so hard I lose my balance and off I go! Season premiere is Friday, July 18 at 9/8 central on the USA network.





Burn Notice

If you are like me, you didn't notice this show during its first season. But, if you've caught any of the reruns leading up to the premiere of it's second season, then you know this show is fantastic! Great writing, excellent cast, creative editing, and humorous. I LIKE IT! Season premiere is Thursday, July 10 at 10/9 central on the USA network.



The Closer

Kyra Sedgwick is absolutely wonderful as Deputy Chief Brenda Lee Johnson. Everything about this show is excellent. For a scripted drama, this show holds its own against any of the major network dramas. Storyline, character development, and the "real" factor of human behavior within the main characters is engaging. Brenda Lee Johnson is a character that many people can relate to and that's refreshing. Season premiere is Monday, July 14 at 9/8 central on TNT.


So...

Get ready to leave the mosquitoes behind and bring your lemonade on in for some fun summer television!

1 comment:

buckycatt said...

I'm also thoroughly enjoying In Plain Sight & looking forward to getting into the 2nd season of Saving Grace!