Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finding Hope

Politics...

Whether we like it or not, politicians are the lawmakers of our country.

For me, the more I watch and observe politicians the more this becomes an increasingly disturbing thought.

But

Hope continues to reign supreme.

Where do I find this hope?

My faith, of course...

But

Also through the amazing phenomena called social networking.

A small number of my real life friends poo-poo social networking because of this or that, but for me, every time one of my social networking "friends" posts a link or a humorous status update or an amazing blog about the current political atmosphere, I am encouraged by their strong voice and hope prevails.

Today's posts on Political Voices of Women serve as a fine example -- no, the posts serve as one of THE BEST examples.

Intelligent women writing with integrity about important issues and making solid points in positive, constructive, and often times humorous ways -- good job, ladies! You are the voices that bring hope. You are the voices that make a difference. You are the voices that bring about change.

How nice to go to a website focused on political issues and not feel like I need to take a shower after reading only a small handful of posts and/or commentary.

To the remarkable, intelligent women of integrity posting on Political Voices of Women, you are the Alice Paul's and the Lucy Burns's of today.

Keep talking. Keep writing. Keep posting.

No comments: